Enrollment Packages are available in the school office for families living within the Roscomare Road attendance area . If you live within the Roscomare attendance area you can attend Roscomare – it’s your community school. Click here to find out if your address is located within the Roscomare Road attendance area.
If you are living outside of the school’s attendance area, you can apply through “Open Enrollment” also known as “ the Lottery”. Approximately 10 students each year (varies by year) from outside of the Roscomare Road attendance area are welcomed through “Open Enrollment”. To apply for “Open Enrollment”, click here.
To enter Kindergarten, children must be 5 years old by September 1st of the first school semester. For TK, children must turn five between September 2nd and December 2nd of the first school semester.
The first day of school for the 2017/18 school year is Tuesday, August 15th, 2017. Don’t miss the Kindergarten welcome at school on August 10th – bring the whole family!
Roscomare Road Elementary School:
2425 Roscomare Road
Los Angeles, CA 90077
Monday – Friday 7:30am – 4:30pm
*The office is closed late-June through late-July
Students new to Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD):
The following items are required for students new to the Los Angeles School Unified School District and must be filled out in the English Language:
- Original birth certificate or passport
- Verification of address in the form of an original current utility bill (only electric or gas bills are accepted)
Original Immunization card (provided by the child’s pediatrician) including the dates of the following required immunizations:
- Required immunizations are: 4 Polio (OPV), 5DTP, 2MMR, 3 Hepatitis B, 1 Varicella (Chicken Pox), Mantoux TB test (must be within one year of starting TK/Kindergarten)
- Polio vacination exception: 3 Polio are accepted if the 3rd Polio was given on or after the 4th birthday
- DTP vacination exception: 4 DTP are accepted if the 4th DTP was given on or after the 4th birthday
- MMR vacination exception: 1 Measles only and 1 MMR are accepted if both were given on or after the first birthday
Copy of student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP), if applicable
The following items and forms are provided by the school office as part of the enrollment package:
- Permanent Health History (white card) – completed and signed by the child’s pediatrician
- Proof of examination by a private physician (orange) – only for incoming kindergarten students
- Dental Health Assessment – completed by a dental health professional and parent/guardian
- LAUSD student enrollment Forms – pages 1 & 2
- LAUSD emergency information card (cream)
- Disaster-Emergency information card (pink)
- Parent education level questionnaire
- Record of prior special programs (attach copy of child’s IEP) if applicable