“Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.”
— William James
Fundraising is essential to providing the high quality of education that is offered to all students at Roscomare. Through Annual Giving and its many fundraising activities, Friends of Roscomare funds the following programs and positions:
- Science Lab & Teacher
- Computer Lab & Teacher
- Art Teacher
- Music Teacher
- Classroom Teacher’s Aides
- Physical Education Coaches
- Science Night
- Playground Supervision
- Library Books
- Classroom Books
- Garden Program
- Copier repairs
- and much more
Various school-wide fundraisers are held throughout the year, helping to bridge the budget gap for our public school. Fundraising events truly take a village and are a great way to get to know your Roscomare Community! Roscomare fundraisers include:
- BOOK FAIR: Scholastic books and supplies are sold on-campus in our auditorium during this week-long event in September. Many volunteers are needed to facilitate this fundraiser. Contact Mary Anne Patey (firstname.lastname@example.org) to volunteer!
- WALK-A-THON: An energetic, health-focused, fun-filled event that takes place on-campus as students solicit sponsors from family and friends and earn money for our school for each lap they walk. Volunteers from each class are needed. Walk-A-Thon is held on a Friday in November. Contact Melissa Erickson (email@example.com) or Isadora Ganz (firstname.lastname@example.org) to pitch in!
- RESTAURANT NIGHT: Fundraisers are held in cooperation with local restaurants. A portion of the sales benefits Roscomare. All you need to do is eat! Contact Lani Saken (email@example.com) or Merrin Drake (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions. Dates will be announced.
- SPELL-A-THON: Students solicit sponsors from family and friends and earn money for our school for each word spelled correctly. Teachers send home a list to study in preparation. This event is held in your classroom in February. And yes, your Roscomare Kindergartner will participate by spelling the words he/she has already learned! Contact Olia Golinder (email@example.com) or Jacqueline Kahn (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
- SEE’S CANDIES: Sold just in time for Valentine’s Day and a portion of the proceeds benefit Roscomare. Contact Sabrina Fleischman (email@example.com) to order.
- GALA: A fun-filled, semi-formal, evening event with dinner, dancing, open-bar reception, as well as live and silent auctions. This event is for parents, teachers and Principal. The 2016 Gala will be held on a Saturday night in March. Silent and live auction donations are needed. Please contact Erin Culling (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Danielle Tardino (email@example.com) to get involved!
- ROSCOFEST: Our spring festival that your family won’t want to miss! Roscomare campus transforms into a kids’ paradise with rides, games, food, prizes and more! Roscofest is held on a Sunday in May. Contact Esther Buckley (firstname.lastname@example.org), Leslye Pas, Amanda Hayward Drake (email@example.com) to volunteer!
- POPSICLE FRIDAYS: Assorted ice cream and popsicles are sold at the lunch benches after school on Fridays for $2. It’s a tasty treat and a tradition our students enjoy. Contact Jennifer Lin (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mary Anne Patey (email@example.com) to help!
All donations to fundraisers are non-refundable.