FRIENDS OF ROSCOMARE (F.O.R.) is our wonderfully dedicated parent association, focusing on raising money for vital school programs that are no longer fully funded by LAUSD. All fundraising efforts directly benefit Roscomare students.
F.O.R., a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, works to financially assist, support and empower Roscomare Road Elementary School in providing superior educational programs for all of our students through fundraising activities, events, and business partnerships that foster educational excellence, parental involvement and community pride.
There are informative one-hour F.O.R. Parent/Board monthly meetings held throughout the year open to all-parents to attend, providing the opportunity to get involved and learn the latest news and updates from our parent-run Board, committee members, and Principal. Meetings are typically held on a Friday in the library at either 8:30am (after assembly) or 1:30pm (before pick up). Again, all parents are encouraged to attend. Please contact Sharon Silver (sharonGsilver@hotmail.com) to request to add a topic to the meeting agenda.
Mark your calendars for 2016/17 meetings to be held in the Library. Meeting Agenda’s will be posted here prior to each meeting.
- September 9 – 8:30-9:30am Library
- October 7 – 1:30-2:30pm
- November 18 – 8:30-9:30am
- December 9 – 8:30-9:30am
- January 13 – 8:30-9:30am
- February 17 8:30-9:30am
- March 10 — 8:30-9:30am
- April 7 – 8:30-9:30am
- May 12- 8:30-9:30am LAST meeting of the school year
FRIENDS OF ROSCOMARE
PARENT/BOARD MEETING AGENDA
March 10, 2017
(After Assembly in Library)
o Annual Giving
o Total income to date
8:35-8:45 Upcoming Events
o Family Dance and Movie Night Under the Stars at Roscomare – TONIGHT!
o Gala – Saturday, March 25… just 2 weeks away!
8:45-8:55 Principle Updates
8:55-9:15 2016/2017 Items to discuss
- Computer Instruction – additional help added
- Technology improvements in classrooms – Visualizers
- Yearbook updates – Faranak
- Turf Replacement/repairs/bids – Tina/Llyswen
- Auditorium Murals – Olivia
- “Bus Parking only” signs for Parking lot
9:15-9:30 2017/18 Discussion
- 60th Anniversary! – September 2017
- consider Grandparent/Special Person Day
- consider Father/Daughter Dance
- eliminate See’s Candies?
- eliminate Mrs. Fields?
- add gift wrap back?
- Schedule/Timing of events throughout the year
- Open Board Positions and Chair Positions
2016 / 2017
President- Sharon Silver – sharonGsilver@hotmail.com
Co-VICE PRESIDENT – Hillary Leibovitch – firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-VICE PRESIDENT – Olivia Rhoads – email@example.com
TREASURER – Georgina Amar – firstname.lastname@example.org
SECRETARY – Elif Cercel – email@example.com